Yesterday we created our first method in the MongoDbProvider, our implementation of BlogProvider. We created a few supporting classes, but we don’t have test for those classes. We recognize that we went a little bit too far in our coding. We got carry away and we started to implement a little bit more than needed to make the test pass.
So let’s fix that. First we need to see our first test passing. We run it expecting to fail to save and load the post but we have a different Exception thrown.
If we look at the code we notice that we made a big mistake in the Mongo class. We declared a _server private field but we are initializing a local server variable.
So when calling Disconnect on _server inside the Dispose method we get the NullReferenceException.
Let’s write a test to reproduce that bug at the unit level and see what else we can fix in that class.
Looking at it we discover a few dependencies that can be brake. First we create an IMongoMapperFactory interface and we make MongoMapperFactory to implement it.
There is another dependency, the name of the database to use. We made both parameters for the constructor inverting the dependencies.
We also changed the Insert method:
Notice that the private Db method now takes an Action<Database>
And the newly created getServer() helper method to clean up the code. We also made some changes on the query method but I will leave that for the next post.
Our passing test result indicates some success.
Next: Mapping from Document to Entity and back.