I will try to create a simple CMS framework on top of the ASP.Net MVC. This will be mostly an exercise, something that I feel I need to try to see how it works. Some of the goals:
- The framework will be extensible but opinionated.
- The views need to be composite and the markup created by the designer should be very simple with minimum or no code at all.
- The framework needs to provide a centralize Exception handler mechanism.
- Multiple sites in one install.
- Partial views should use a common interface (IViewModule?) so we can provide a modular architecture.
- Easy to template by a designer, easy to skin by a designer.
- HTML and CSS standards compliance friendly.
In line administration are fully backend integrated to the site.
- Testability is paramount, and the framework should come with a good set of unit test as part of the release.
- Been able to run the test from inside the framework, so install can diagnose problems.
I will be posting more about this and some code as soon as I have something put together.